There is nothing like the classic salsa you receive before your meal at a Mexican restaurant. Half the time, I can devour a few bowls before the food comes. It’s just THAT good. Not to mention, you’re basically getting a full serving of veggies because thats exactly what it’s made of! Easy, and healthy, this recipe is one of my favorites.
I usually end up making a double batch so we have it to snack on throughout the week. My husband will even put it on his eggs in the morning. It’s the perfect combination of tomato-ey goodness, herbs, and spices. I also LOVE that I barely have to chop anything. There’s nothing in this world that I despise more than chopping onions. With my Ninja Blender, combining all the ingredients is easy peasy. Using the pulse setting makes it easy to control how blended your salsa is. I like to leave the chunks just small enough for some extra texture.
Easy, Restaurant Style, Blender Salsa
Yield: 5 cups Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1lb cherry or roma tomatos
- 1 jalapeno, de-seeded
- 2.5 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 white onion, cut in 4 pieces
- 1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 4oz can of green chiles. drained
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (less for less spicy salsa)
- 1.5 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Add all ingredients together into a large blender. Pulse until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 5 days.