These meatball cups have become a favorite in our house over the past year. Anytime we have a family get together or special occasion, I end up using this recipe. Easy to make, and easy to transport. If I’m bringing these somewhere, I’ll assemble all of the ingredients into the muffin tin and then cover it with aluminum foil. That way I can toss it into the oven wherever we are going and It can be served fresh and hot.
These are delicious little cups of heaven. Juicy meatballs, with marinara sauce, gooey mozzarella, all in a buttery crescent roll cup. The best part is that this only takes 20 minutes in the oven. It’s basically a fool proof recipe. We start by assembling all the meatball ingredients and forming our meatballs. Then all you have to do is line cups in a muffin tin with your crescent rolls, and in your sauce, meatball, more sauce, and mozzarella. Stick it in the oven, and in 20 minutes you have a delicious appetizer!
Meatball Marinara Crescent Roll Cups
Yield: 12 meatball cups Cook time:20 minutes
For the Meatballs:
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 egg (sounds weird, but after you beat the egg just pour about half of it into the meatball mixture and discard the other half)
- 1/8 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1.5 tablesppons ketchup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbs fresh parsley
For the Meatball cups:
- Two 8oz cans of crescent rolls
- Marinara Sauce (I used a pre-made sauce)
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with with cooking spray.
- Spread out your two packs of crescent rolls and fully line each muffin cup, not going over the sides. Put a spoonful of marinara sauce into each cup.
- In a large bowl, mix together ALL the meatball ingredients. Form 12 meatballs, and place one in each cup over the sauce.
- Add another spoonful of sauce over each meatball. then sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Serve Immediately.